Monday, July 13, 2009

The Father of the Bride (The Host) Reception Speech

Yeesh!
This one could take some thought,
and the clock is ticking...
I thought I had my participation in this wedding down pat.
You know the old
"Her Mother and I"
and keep the Visa card handy routine.
And Now This;
"What are you going to say at the reception?"
I have plenty of BAD examples to go with.
Lets see:
1)A long disertation on the first family road trip that included the groom to be.
2) Inquiring of the couple when we can expect to see some grandbabies popping out!
And my personal favorite:
3) The Father of the Groom shows up at the reception with the cumberbund tied around his head. You don't even want to know what he said!
So, Help Me Out!
Any noble examples of "Father of the Bride" speeches?
Particular things to include?
Particular things to exclude?
Really funny examples of Dad's gone bad?
Themes that really worked well?
I am new at this and I only get one shot.
Well, at least with THIS daughter!
(I have two more in the wings to worry about later.)

1 comment:

  1. threats are probably best for private...and it probably isn't a good time to break the news to the groom of all the brides faults that we have been keeping from him. You might want to have a uhaul come and dump all her stuff from childhood at his feet...since she just vowed to give him all her worldly goods...

    ReplyDelete