Thursday, June 18, 2009

"The Getaway!"

Nope, I am not a big fan of the 1972 movie.
(Apologies to all of you Steve McQueen/Ali MacGraw fans)
(p.s. If you understand the above references, please click your AARP cards on your dentures as applause)
I am referring to the traditional send off of the Bride & Groom.

You know the whole "form a line and pelt the bride and groom with whatever is environmentally friendly as they dash off to the awaiting get away vehicle" gig.

I have seen the "newly hitched" leave in horse drawn carriages, every sort of limo and I have even heard the idea of using a tandem bicycle immortilized in song.( Yeah...It didn't go over well in the song either!)

A long time ago,

in a galaxy far, far away,

my bride and I opted to leave the wedding

in my current "get me through college" clunker

which just happened to be a 1967 Mustang Coupe!



(If I can find the actual photo from the wedding, I will substitute it, promise!)


So....I was pleased as punch when my friend's son "Alex" asked me to use my current 67 mustang as the getaway vehicle to deliver him and his new bride to their reception.


Some things just never go out of style.

(p.s. "Engaged Daughter" is opting for the Limo)













5 comments:

  1. We haven't booked anything yet...do you have any better ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. I was told you were using a Limo.
    One with Air Conditioning.
    No small detail in August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That may be the only surviving photo of the Pinto. Thankfully the dashboard fur is not visible.
    It also appears that the acceptible standard for lawns was a tad lower then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they above comment must be from brother mike. C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this part giving send off to the new married couple....what arrangements have you made??


    ___________________
    DyanaDevis
    Loans in a low rate and we make it easy to repay it too

    ReplyDelete